Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Casting Cares

Cast your burden on the LORD,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22


Today was one of those days.
A day where I felt agitated and restless in my spirit, and I didn't know why. Something was bothering me, but I didn't know what. It made me feel grouchy. I was not only irritable, but irritating. And no, I don't suffer with PMS.

It came, it seems, out of nowhere. And then I found myself starting to worry about things that I have been trusting God with... I don't have prospects for work at the moment...what are we going to do for money next month...what if the things I'm working on now don't work...what if God doesn't come through...

So before it got too crazy, I knew I needed some 'me-alone-with-God-time.' I needed to just get alone with the Lord and have Him help me sort out what the deal was. So I retreated to my bedroom for about an hour just to sit in the presence of God, and to listen.

And in that quiet time, I began to see that, basically, it was the cares of life that were bothering me. It wasn't any one big thing or things, it was the culmination of little things--listening to the tragedies of the day on the news; hearing disappointing news about an extended family member; trying to still sort out an error that a company has been lagging on for over 3 months now, and so on-- the little foxes that spoil the vine... Song of Solomon 2:15

I took time right then to address each issue, pray about it, and then give it to the Lord. The issues are still there-- it's in the casting of the burden, the weight of them-over to the Lord, then He can give the support needed, as He is being allowed to give the support. In other words, when I give my cares to the Lord, He takes the burden, the weight of it from me, and I'm in a better position to trust Him and not be moved from what I'm believing Him to do for me.

And God is so good even in the little things. The day was pretty much done and I still hadn't gotten my shot for the day, and He painted the sky this evening...just for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment