Thursday, July 23, 2009

Every good gift and every perfect gift
is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning
James 1:17


I admit it. I skipped a day of posting. Actually, I was gone to spend time with friends from college that I hadn't seen in ages and it made for a full day. Left early in the day, and was after midnight before I made it home.

One of my 'BFF's' from my college days was out here visiting from Ohio, where she had moved 20 years ago after getting married. She was out here on a sad note--her sister had passed away and then several days later, her niece (her sister's daughter). Tragic. I was well acquainted with them both.

The double funeral was last week, so yesterday we got together with three other friends from back in the day, and we spent time hanging out in Marina Del Ray. It was a two-hour drive for me, yet it was refreshing to be near the water.

My photo today is of the box of baked goods I took to share. :)

Anyway, upon checking email this morning, I received another shock. A good friend of mine, business associate, a brother in the Lord, formerly of the same church, a husband and father of 3--had died of a heart attack while out on a walk. I'm in disbelief. This is the 4th person that I've known personally, to die within the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a lot in just a few weeks. My prayers are with you and all the families!

    ReplyDelete