Monday, July 6, 2009

An Idea That Evolved


O give thanks unto the Lord
His mercy endures forever
To Him who made great lights...
The sun to rule by day
...
The moon and stars to rule by night,

For His mercy endures forever.
Psalm 136:1,7-9

One good thing about living in the desert, at least where I am, is that there's little light pollution. Therefore, starry nights are a common treat.

My image for today, (or rather tonight) is of the moon filtering through some trees. I probably should photograph the moon tomorrow night, as that is when it's supposed to be a real full moon. Looks pretty full to me tonight, but I guess there is a difference. I've always liked watching the night skies when there's something to see. For years I've been saying I'm going to get a telescope and use it to photograph the moon and stars. Perhaps this will be the year! LOL

I like this verse in Psalms. It's a good reminder to be thankful unto the Lord, for He is good. And He is merciful. Admittedly, there are some things in life that just don't make sense; and there is unfairness and bad things do happen. Yet that does not negate the fact that God is good. And that we can depend on His goodness to carry us through the trials and tribulations of life.

Yesterday I was talking about it how seems, for me, that many of the ideas I get from the Lord go through an evolving, sometimes taking years.

For example, back in the late 80's I decided I would like to make photo plaques with scriptures and inspirational sayings on them. So I teamed up with a friend who knew calligraphy, and she would do the writing on parchment paper, and I would do the photographs. We then would decoupage those onto the stained wooden plaques. We started off selling them at a church conference, and to family and friends. The venture was very short-lived. My business partner ran into some problems in her personal life, and then had a serious illness. We ceased production as I couldn't find anyone to take her place, and I didn't know calligraphy and didn't have the time to learn it. PC's were not the norm at that time.

Today, with the skills I've learned over the years in graphic design and in the use of PhotoShop, I create my own inspirational posters, cards, etc., with relative ease.

God doesn't waste anything in our lives, if we allow Him to take those things and use them for our own good, and the good of others.

If you have a dream from sometime ago that maybe you've abandoned, perhaps it's time to give it new meaning. Doesn't hurt to ask God and find out.




No comments:

Post a Comment